This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.yocalm.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
www.yocalm.com a site operated by YOCALM MEDIA LIMITED (Yocalm’s registered office is, 35A-D The Cut, London, SE1 8LF. Our company registration number is 08274887. Our VAT number is 156 4832 92. Our contact email address is email@example.com. Our trading, business and correspondence address is 23 ring road Leicester LE2 3RS. All correspondence to Yocalm including any queries you may have regarding your use of the Website, your use and/or purchase of Yocalm Products and Services or these Terms, should be sent to this address.
We are a limited company
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time–bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Blog Postings.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
The information we collect
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our Services, for example, in order to book a holiday with a professional. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Website, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Website, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the quotes you request and your transactions, together with details of your financial information, for example, payment details.
Telephone calls that you make to our customer services help line may be monitored and/or recorded. This will help us to train our staff and improve our service to you.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
Purposes for which we use information about you
YOCALM MEDIA LIMITED may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Services; and/or
- to personalise and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analysing market trends and customer demographics; and/or
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you; and/or
- to process a transaction between you and a third party.
Passing on information about you
As part of using our Services you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Third parties, including but not limited to companies whose products or services are included on our website with a view to providing you with a product and/or service requested by you. When these companies use your data in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your information and therefore you should view their privacy policies or contact them directly for further information. For further information about these third parties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some third parties with which we share your information may use it to carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
- Some product providers may carry out checks against data they already hold on you (or is held by the company whose brand they administer the product for, or members of their group of companies) such as data from existing products or account data.
- Selected other third parties whose products, services or other offers we believe may interest you (see our section on Keeping you informed about offers and services below);
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you, or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law; and/or
- if required to do so by any court, the Financial Services Authority, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency; and/or
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business or the company.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Third party providers and data privacy
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on this Website;
- understand the number of visitors to this Website and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to this Website so we can provide you with access to your account.
- Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. By using this Service, you consent to us using cookies.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.
Our website is a Secure Website and keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Sensitive information, for example, your credit card details, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit. However, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. Our Terms & Conditions also explains your obligation to keep secure any username and password which you create when registering for the Services.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. For example, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we have about you, if you request it from us in writing. The law allows us to charge you a £10 fee for a copy of such information and we may do so.